Plaid Hat Games ceased development of Ashes in April 2019. But the Phoenix will not be denied. Project Phoenix is a collaboration of Ashes fans working together to continue development on this wonderful game.
The first four expansions are available for print and play!
- Jill Traversack: The Treasures of the Ages (all in one)
- Tolliver I: The Young Ruler (all in one)
- Devlin Longbow: The Scoundrels of the Sea (for home printing: PDF sheets and JPG sheets)
- Plutarch Eastgate: The Mad Doctor (for home printing: PDF sheets and JPG sheets)
- Time dice reference
Available in the ZIP files above are high quality versions of the cards at 300 DPI (suitable for printing using either 63x88mm or 2.5x3.5" cards), along with print sheets if you would like to print your own. For the first two expansions, you can alternately download card images that are specifically sized for usage on MakePlayingCards.com (if printing through MPC, use their 63x88mm poker cards).
- Time expansions: There are currently four expansions released and three more being designed and play-tested using the new Time dice.
- Time dice: Plaid Hat teased a seventh and final dice type on their deluxe expansions, but the game was canceled before Time dice were released. We are developing and play-testing a custom implementation of Time dice, along with a physical variant for purchase.
- Raven Rules: The official FAQ includes several counter-intuitive rulings, and sadly failed to define a small number of low-level game mechanics. Raven Rules is a revised, more comprehensive ruleset (which maintains compatibility with the core rulebook).
Improving old content
- Ashes 500: Ashes 500 values have been posted for all cards released to date!
- Card rebalancing: Although less far along than the above projects, some fans have expressed interest in creating errata for existing cards with an eye to improving game balance.
We hope to keep Ashes fresh for its dedicated fans for a long time to come.